Monday, July 9, 2012

We interrupt this Lord of the Rings...

...To show everybody this little slice of awesome:




It's the new book trailer that Random House UK put together for Hugh Howey's Wool series, which we all know I loved beyond reason despite its bleakness. It's possible that I've already persuaded as many people as I ever shall to read these books, but this trailer, this trailer should persuade everybody.

Every once in a while, those big legacy publishing houses do something right. Hooray!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Kate! And yeah, Random House UK smashed this one. I'm finding the overseas publishers to be a lot more nimble and open-minded than the domestic boys. I think being in smaller markets makes them more scrappy. Or perhaps it's that there's fewer levels of bureaucracy to fight through to take a chance. Whatever the cause, I'm loving working with everyone we've hooked up with. Awesome, awesome people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're onto something there, Hugh. Small is almost always scrappy. So, with that in mind, and the big hate on that people have for the hot mess that is Prometheus, how are you feeling about the Scott brothers having the movies rights to Wool? I will feel okay if you get to help with the script...

      Delete

Sorry about the CAPTCHA, guys, but without it I was getting 4-5 comment spams an hour.