Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A Theory for Which I Cannot Take Credit

The great and mighty Dave Slusher, the mastermind behind the Evil Genius Chronicles and much else, shared with me his magnificent theory concerning Bernard Cornwell's Richard Sharpe novels, about which I have written so very much on this here blog.

He has only watched the film adaptations (whereas I have only read the books, except for the very first film) starring Sean Bean as our favorite proper bastard, and had this amusing and highly accurate insight into what's going on with those.

Quoth he: BTW, I came to a theory as I was watching them that each novel/movie is basically an episode of Star Trek.

Location in Europe == Planet
Sharpe == Kirk
Chosen Men == Away team
Any character you haven't heard of before == red shirt
Hot Spanish/French/Portugese woman = Hot green woman

Tell me he's wrong!

1 comment:

Sorry about the CAPTCHA, guys, but without it I was getting 4-5 comment spams an hour.